Overview: Upgrade your vehicle without the need for additional holes with our Aerial (or Sand Flag) Brackets. These high-quality brackets are designed for easy installation on your Range Rover Sport, Discovery 3, or Discovery 4, providing a secure mounting solution for light or medium-weight aerials and sand flags. Please note the compatibility information and feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.
- Purpose: Mount a light or medium-weight aerial or sand flag without drilling holes.
- Installation: Attach to either or both sides using existing bonnet bolts.
- Material: Crafted from durable 3mm Marine Grade Stainless Steel.
- Compatibility Note: Not suitable for Discovery Sport L550 or Range Rover Sport L494 models due to bonnet modifications. Please contact us for alternatives.
- Purpose: Securely mount a light or medium-weight aerial or sand flag without drilling holes.
- Installation: Easily mount on either or both sides using existing bonnet bolts.
- Material: Constructed from sturdy 3mm Marine Grade Stainless Steel.
- Compatibility Note: Not suitable for Discovery Sport L550 or Range Rover Sport L494 models due to bonnet modifications. For suitable alternatives, get in touch with us.
Bracket A vs Bracket B
Fitting the Brackets:
Mount an aerial or sand flag on either or both sides of a Range Rover Sport, Discovery 3 or 4 using an existing bonnet bolt.
Open the bonnet, locate and remove the forward (upper) hinge bolt on the selected side. Fit the bracket so that the top face of the plastic rub strip on the tongue is touching the bottom edge of the bonnet and tighten the bolt. Mount the aerial and run the coax cable following the windscreen washer hose and electrical wiring layout.
Along the rear edge of the bonnet opening there is a rubber dust seal. Loosen and pull forward as much of the dust seal as required to fit the aerial coax into the gap behind. Exit the coax, from the gap, above where it will enter the hole in the firewall and route the coax over the top of the brake pipes. Refit the dust seal.
On the driver’s side, of right-hand drive vehicles, there is a hole through the double skin firewall to run cables through. Remove the large cover at the rear and look in at the firewall next to the steering linkage. You will see a black rubber grommet, up high, on the firewall just to the side of the steering linkage.
Remove the grommet and punch a hole through the centre just large enough to fit the coax (and any other wires) through snugly. Push ascribe into the centre of the hole in the firewall and through the centre of the second hole behind that (double skin firewall) and into the carpet. Remove the driver’s side under-dash panel and look up to see the point of the scribe sticking through the carpet. Cut an X with a sharp knife using the scribe point as the centre. You can now fit the grommet to the coax (and any other wires) and push your coax through to the inside. Refit the grommet to seal the hole in the firewall and add sealant around the coax (and wires) if required.
Compatibility Note: Please be aware that these brackets are not compatible with Discovery Sport L550 or Range Rover Sport L494 models due to bonnet alterations. Contact us for alternative solutions.